Another 10 weeks spent at RIT and it’s beginning to snow. My grades are back already and I got 2 As, my first in a long time. The GPA could use them. Moving forward though, I have a big trip planned this Christmas to visit friends in Thailand and China. I have alot of planning left to do and I leave in less than a month. My classes for next quarter have been decided and I’m pretty read for them. For the immediate time, I have 2 weeks off from school and I am trying to made good use of that time.
With that all time, I’ve set a personal schedule for myself for the first week of break, to have a “project week” of sorts. Seven official days, from this previous Sunday to Saturday. I have an ad-hoc list that I’d like to share:
- Post a bunch of thoughts on my blog. Stuff has been building up, plenty of ideas this quarter, but no time to write. It’s taken years to get to this point, but I realize my goal of this blog is to share my ideas and opinions for others to take note of and possibly learn from. It’s harder than it sounds!
- Organize my files. Mainly computer files, but I’ve had some ideas for organizing that I’ve wanted to try.
- Update my resume! Always useful.
- Post some OpenGL code from my Computer Graphics class this quarter. See the sharing of ideas and knowledge. Even though I did terribly in the class, I enjoyed the exploratory part of the class, but I found out that CG involves lots of maths. I am quite terrible at math. Disappointing.
- Get some other personal coding done and make it public. This ties into the other stuff, setting up a public repository and cleaning up my code to be presentable. Also refactoring and trying new stuff in Python.
- READ! I bought about 20 books from Amazon this quarter that I have been flipping through. Now is the time to get a crack at them.
In the past 3 days, I’ve already taken a crack at the reading part, finishing about 6 books and staying up until 5am doing so. It fries my brain after a while, especially technical books, so you just have to switch topics pretty frequently. I’ve been sitting alone in my apartment for this, just focusing on learning and it’s been great so far. Hopefully this all pays off when I graduate!